Saturday, October 18, 2008

Blonde Muus moves on....

So, this will be my new Blog..... here you will be able to read all about the "big move"... to Baltimore...



It all started on a sunny Wednesday Morning, October 1st, 2008, on Rosh Ha'Shana. When i updated my old blog and realized, that I am kind of stuck. That every year, I make plans and never fulfil them, that I dream big but realize very little.



So I made a list with all my dreams, wishes, hopes and fears. I also made a list on how to achieve my dreams and what it would "cost" me.



Here it is:




  1. Moving to the USA

  2. Studying Design in Israel/ Germany/ USA

  3. Moving to Berlin, working and hopefully be able to study and then hoping that with my degree, I'll find an employer who is willing to pay for a work visa to the USA

  4. Staying in Israel and be miserable till the end of days

So, as you can see, 4 is for sure not an option.. lol


Number 3 is not too bad but, will I really find someone to hire me after my studies? Will it be enough to get a Visa? Or will it "cost" me around 6 years of my life and not bringing me any closer to the USA?


Number 2 would actually be cool.. but.. who has that kind of money?And again, will I get a good job after that? Will I get a Visa for the USA? Or will I be stuck afterwards either in Israel or Europe?


Number 1 sounds lovely, but how on earth will I be able to get a work permit? Trusting in the Greencard Lottery didn't work so far either and looking for an American Husband... ah yeah... we had that already... NO GOOD CAN COME FROM THAT.. lol


So you see, no matter how I twisted and turned my ideas, I was no closer to a solution.... :(


I realized, I need a Plan B!


Funny enough, Plan B was there all the time, I just didn't think of it. How about, I mix most of my ideas and make one big plan? ;) And that is exactly what I did.



  1. I will renovate my house and sell it

  2. I found a lawyer who is going to help me with all the paperwork. (Hey.. I have a full time job AND I have 4 dogs!!! lol I can't do all alone and why should I if you can pay someone to do it right?)

  3. As soon as the house is about to be sold, I fly over to check out the situation for a nice store to rent/ buy/ take over

  4. Biz Plan will be sent to the Embassy

  5. I pack my few things and move with dogs and cats

The countdown has started..... lets "Dream Big" !!!!



Baltimore, here I come!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I thought you wanted to go to NY?!... Baltimore all of a sudden?

Well,
good luck. It's about time it worked out for you.
dd

Unknown said...

Trust me, if I had the money, NY it would be.. but with the budget I have... I have to start "smaller".. and work my way "up".. haha.. 3 1/2 hours up.. ;)

Yeah it really is about time... gosh... after all, we aren't getting any younger .. lol ;)

Alex said...

Good luck with everything Muus!! :-) I'll be reading your blog from now on. :-)

Unknown said...

Well... NY is only 3 1/2 hours away... so it's already much closer than what it is now ;) and as I said before.... NY is just too expensive for now... that doesn't mean, I won't end up there sometime.... I will "work my way up" ;) But yeah.. it is time .... and I am super happy about it :)

DREAM BIG!